Countdown Own Brand Promotion Terms and Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter forms part of these terms and conditions. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The Promoter is Anna Cameron, Just A Mum, Taupo New Zealand, firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The promotion is open to New Zealand residents.
4. Immediate families of the Promoter and employees of Countdown Supermarkets are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. Entrants must have a Facebook account to enter.
6. The promotion commences at 6:00pm (NZDT) on 4th of May 2019 and finishes at 7:00pm (NZDT) on 11th of May 2019 (‘Promotion Period’).
7. To enter the promotion, entrants must do the following during the Promotional Period:
1) Comment on the Entry Post telling the promoter “Which Ice Cream in the Countdown own brand range would you use in your Baked Alaska”.
8. The winners will be the first (1) valid entry drawn at random from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
9. Winners will be determined by random online selection on 11th of May 2019 at 7pm (NZDT).
10. Each eligible entrant may enter the promotion once during the Promotion Period.
11. There is one (1) prize of a Countdown gift pack, valued at NZD$50.00 RRP (‘Prize’) to be won as part of this promotion. Each Prize winner will win one (1) Prize.
12. The Prize value is the RRP (including GST) in New Zealand dollars, and is correct at time of printing. The total Prize pool value for this promotion is $NZD50.00.
13. Winners will be announced at 7:30pm (NZDT) on 11th May 2019 by the Promoter on their Facebook Post
14. Each winner will also be notified by a comment reply to their winning entry on the Entry Post by the Promoter at 7:30pm (NZDT) on 11th May 2019.
Prize Claim and Delivery
15. Winners must claim their Prize by 5:00pm (NZDT) on 14th May 2019 by sending a private message to Promoter’s Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/justamumnz stating their full name, date of birth, delivery address and contact number (‘Requested Information’).
16. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter by 5:00pm (NZDT) on 14th May 2019 with all Requested Information, they will forfeit the prize, and no compensation will be payable.
17. The Promoter will send Prizes by courier to the delivery address provided by each winner by 31 May 2019.
Invalid entries or forfeited Prizes
18. If a winning entry is deemed invalid, or if a prize is not accepted or claimed by 5:00pm (NZDT) on 14th May 2019, the relevant winner will forfeit their prize. The Promoter will conduct a further Prize draw at 10:30am (NZDT) on 15th May 2019 (‘Second Prize Draw’), at the same location and on the same terms as the original Prize draw, to distribute any unallocated Prizes, subject to any written directions given by any relevant authority.
19. Any winners determined by the Second Prize Draw will be notified by the Promoter their Facebook page.
20. The Prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. The Promoter is not responsible for any delay in delivery, loss or damage to the Prize.
21. In the event that the Prize, or any part of it, becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter may in its sole discretion decide to provide an alternative prize with equal value and/or specification.
22. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of claims and determine the eligibility of entrants (including an entrant’s identity) and to disqualify any entry or refuse to award a Prize where false or misleading details have been given by an entrant, or where an entrant has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner, or otherwise than in accordance with these terms and conditions or the spirit of the promotion.
23. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
24. All decisions made by the Promoter are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
25. The Promoter may amend, suspend or cancel any aspect of the promotion (including any prize) at any time in its sole discretion. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster, infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries.
26. Neither the Promoter nor any other entity associated with this promotion, including Countdown, will be responsible for any late, lost, misdirected or incorrectly submitted entries, including but not limited to entries not received due to technical problems or human error. The time entries are deemed to be made will be the time the entry is received, not the time the entry is submitted by an entrant.
27. Each entrant warrants and agrees that: (i) the entrant has created the entry themselves; (ii) the entrant will not submit material in their entry that is copyrighted or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, unless the entrant is the owner of those rights; (iii) the entry has not been previously published in any other medium or forum; (iv) the entrant will not submit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, derogatory, threatening, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, hateful, racially, religiously or ethnically offensive, or encourages, evidences or indicates conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or violates any law; (v) the entry will not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and (vi) the entrant has not granted rights to their entry to any other person which are inconsistent with the rights granted to the Promoter.
28. Entries that are found to have been derived from third party work will be considered invalid and, if awarded a Prize, that Prize must be returned to the Promoter. Without limiting the generality of other conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to take legal action against anyone found to have breached this condition. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to: (i) not consider any entry which is not in accordance with these conditions of entry; and (ii) disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these terms and conditions or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages and other compensation are reserved.
29. All entries become the property of the Promoter and cannot be returned. As a condition of entry, entrants agree to irrevocably and unconditionally assign to the Promoter all of their right, title and interest (including without limitation all intellectual property rights such as present and future copyright) in and to their entry and, if requested by the Promoter, to sign a document (in a form to be determined by the Promoter) to acknowledge this assignment to the Promoter.
30. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook or Instagram, and entrants in the Promotion understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter, and not to Facebook or Instagram. Each entrant completely releases Facebook and Instagram from all liability arising from the Promotion.