This recipe is so quick and simple using every day ingredients, it is a perfect snack to whip up in less than 20 minutes!
Great for an after school snack, to take a plate for nibbles or when visitors pop in. These can easily be jazzed up by serving with pesto, or cream cheese & salmon or any way you desire! I serve mine with either butter or garlic butter for easy snack – Divine fresh from the oven but tasty cold as well.
This has to be one of the most popular recipes on the blog over the past 3 years. And it is certainly one I make often for our family. Usually we just make them as simple as we can, with a bit of seasoning and some mixed herbs, but you can add more flavours if you like!
These cheese puffs are delicious served with butter or on their own. Gorgeous fresh from the oven or heated up. Best eaten on the day you make them, for our family we would normally double the recipe as they never last long!
If you feel like something savoury this literally takes no more than 20 minutes start to finish!
- 1 Egg
- ½ Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Pinch Salt & Pepper
- 2 Cups Grated Cheese – I used tasty but any strong hard cheese is fine – Try ½ a cup of Parmesan!
- Optional: pinch of paprika or curry powder or any other herbs or spices you enjoy.
- Preheat Oven to 200C
- Prepare a baking tray with non stick cooking spray
- Whisk together egg & milk in a medium sized bowl.
- Add to that the flour, baking powder, salt & cheese, and herbs or spices if using, and gently mix until just combined, careful not to overmix.
- Dollop tablespoons of the mixture evenly spaced onto the tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until just golden brown
- Cool or serve warm with a hearty soup.
Thank you so much for stopping by to check out this popular little recipe. I hope you have time to have a wander around my website for more delicious recipes.