I have been so impressed with all the Wreath & Christmas Pudding inspired ideas I have seen around this Christmas, from Christmas coloured cakes shaped to look like wreathes to pavlovas shaped in a circle covered in gorgeous red berries & mint leaves and even slices, it seems you can make anything Christmassy if you make it in a ring tin!
So after being given a Rocky Road recipe from a friend I was excited to try out my theory – and I think it came together really well. So easy and fun way to serve it. Of course this recipe will be lovely in a slice tin too so if you are wanting something quick and easy please make it the usual way as it is delicious! It is perfect to give to friends in some little bags or boxes done in a slice tin as you can slice it into small squares but I quite like my Christmassy Wreath/Christmas Pudding idea so I am glad a tried it! My recipe below is double the original so it will go in a large slice tin if making that way 🙂
I added some jubes and omitted the raisins but you could add glace cherries, cranberries and any other yummy things you think would go well in here.
And it really is easy! I have never used Kremelta before but it seems to be the thing in Christmas baking so I went along with it and it was really easy to use. Here I am going to give you the recipe I used today but below that I will give you the basic recipe I got from the lovely Donna, it is perfect just the way she makes it! So feel free to use either version.
- 1 Block Dark Chocolate (I used Cadbury Old Gold 70%)
- 1 Block Dairy Milk Chocolate (I used Cadbury Dairy Milk)
- 4 TBSP Kremelta
- 2 Cups Salted Peanuts
- 1 Cup Chopped Jubes or soft jelly lollies
- 1 Bag Mini Marshmallows
- 180g White Chocolate (I used Cadbury Dream)
- Red Smarties or M & Ms
- Spearmint Leaves or Green Jelly Lollies
- To make the wreath shape prepare a ring tin with either glad wrap or line with baking paper. Spray the tin well first
- Chop your jubes into small pieces - I used strong kitchen scissors to make this easier!
- Over a double boiler melt the chocolates and kremelta together until all combined
- Remove from heat and add the peanuts and stir well
- Allow the chocolate to cool a bit before you add the marshmallows and chopped jubes
- Pour into the lined ring tin
- Set aside in the fridge to set
- When ready to remove from the ring tin get it out of the fridge for 20 minutes - you may need to run knife around the edges before it comes free and invert it onto a serving plate
- Melt the white chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave, 40 seconds first then stir, then 10 seconds at a time stirring in between until completely melted
- There are two ways to decorate with the white chocolate, you can flick the chocolate back and forth using a spoon creating a pattern all the way around the wreath or do as I have done and spread the chocolate over the top and allow to drip down the sides - you can encourage it to do so with the back of a spoon.
- Add the red smarties and thinly sliced spearmint leaves to finish the look.
- Once set and cool not cold slice with a warm knife into thin slices
- Store in fridge until needed.
And here is Donnas original version which is just delicious and such a quick easy Christmas Recipe